[Hac-announce] Dinner and Discussion - Wood 'n Tap Hamden - If Not the Amazon, Where Does Our Oxygen Come From?

Carol Ritter critter80 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 13 16:50:51 EDT 2019

Please come to dinner at the Wood 'n Tap in Hamden  prepared to discuss the following article.  RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/cthumanist/

This month we will discuss the "Atlantic" article, "The Amazon Is Not Earth’s Lungs" at https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/08/amazon-fire-earth-has-plenty-oxygen/596923. How worrisome is the information buried in this article?
[https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2019/08/RTS2NUSG/facebook.jpg?1566991124]<https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/08/amazon-fire-earth-has-plenty-oxygen/596923>
The Amazon Is on Fire, but Earth Has Plenty of Oxygen - The Atlantic<https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/08/amazon-fire-earth-has-plenty-oxygen/596923>
The Amazon is a vast, ineffable, vital, living wonder. It does not, however, supply the planet with 20 percent of its oxygen. As the biochemist Nick Lane wrote in his 2003 book Oxygen, “Even the ...
www.theatlantic.com