[Hac-announce] Monday Night 7pm on Zoom - MDMA and PTSD

Carol Siddall carol at carolstone.com
Sun Mar 14 20:51:04 EDT 2021

We hope you join us on Monday night at 7pm for this talk on MDMA and PTSD!

In November of 2018 we enjoyed a presentation on Race Politics and
Cannabis by attorney Aaron Romano. Knowing that we're interested in the
effects of easier access to drugs long inaccessible due to the war on
drugs, he thought we might be interested in current clinical research on
psychedelics. And so, thanks to his introduction, we will be treated to
a panel of researchers led by Terence H.W. Ching, M.S. who is a Doctoral
Student in Clinical Psychology at Uconn and a Clinical Psychology
Doctoral Intern at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

In this conversation, they will present a brief overview of
psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy at the intersection of MDMA (aka
ecstasy or molly) and post traumatic stress disorder (PSTD), what it is
and what it tends to look like procedurally. They also discuss legal and
ethical ramifications of the state of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
research programs. Finally, they have an informational sharing by
someone who has received MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD, to help
shed light on the nuances of what it is like to undergo this
breakthrough treatment. There will be time at the end for Q&A in which
they hope to invite a humanism- and equity-centric conversation about
psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and access.

Meeting ID: 818 1954 8821

Zoom Link:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81819548821
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81819548821>

Hope you can make it!