[Hac-announce] A Webinar of Interest

Nina Stein nstein01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 23:59:42 EDT 2020

Hi members of the Humanist Association,

I am attaching an announcement of a webinar sponsored by the CT Peace and
Solidarity Coalition about moving money from the military budget to use for
human needs.  I hope some of you will be interested in attending.  Below is
more information

Sincerely yours,
Nina Stein

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEACE MONDAY,
SEPTEMBER 21, 2020
Zoom WEBINAR
7:30 – 9:00 PM Eastern U.S.
Registration: https://tinyurl.com/y3un85rg <https://tinyurl.com/y3un85rg>

For a Promotional Flyer, click => here
<http://hopeoutloud.org/flyers/IDP_Sept_21_2020TeachIn.pdf>

On behalf of the CT Peace and Solidarity Coalition, we cordially invite you
to join in an important webinar, September 21, the United Nation’s
International Day of Peace. The attached leaflet presents the program,
involving 2 world-renowned speakers, Drs. Vijay Prashad, and Gerald Horne,
and an expert on military to civilian conversion, Dr. Miriam Pemberton, who
will moderate.

We face many crises, but rampant military spending is one of the biggest
and most dangerous. Our towns and cities desperately need vital services,
yet we are always asked to cut them while military spending and endless
wars remain fully funded by our members of Congress. This International Day
of Peace observance directly connects funding human needs at home to
cutting the military budget and promoting global peace. The Money For Human
Needs campaign urges town and city governments to hold public hearings, to
pass resolutions to cut the war budget, redirecting the money saved to meet
human needs. It is a powerful approach that involves local organizing.

Please join us in this important webinar, where we can come together in
solidarity, in our quest for peace, not war and war spending.