[Hac-announce] January 2020 Book Discussion: "Where Do We Go from Here?" by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

kvngough at aol.com kvngough at aol.com
Wed Dec 25 17:18:09 EST 2019

Our book for January is Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community? by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The discussion will take place Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 2:30 pm in the Library of the Unitarian Society of New Haven at 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden.

>From Amazon:
In 1967, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., isolated himself fromthe demands of the civil rights movement, rented a house in Jamaica with notelephone, and labored over his final manuscript. In this prophetic work…helays out his thoughts, plans, and dreams for America's future, including theneed for better jobs, higher wages, decent housing, and quality education. Witha universal message of hope that continues to resonate, King demanded an end toglobal suffering, asserting that humankind – for the first time – has theresources and technology to eradicate poverty.
“[Dr. King’s] unique ability to connect the life of the mind to the struggle forfreedom is legendary, and in this book – his last grand expression of hisvision – he put forward his most prophetic challenge to powers that be and hismost progressive program for the wretched of the earth.”– Cornel West,author of Race Matters

Light snacks will be served.