[Hac-announce] Dinner Discussion at the Wood-n-Tap, 2100 Dixwell Avenue, Hamden

Carol Ritter critter80 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 21:09:35 EST 2019

Wood-n-Tap Dinner Discussion: “Little Ice Age lessons” -- Dec 23, 7 p.m., Hamden Digital magazine Aeon presents essays and video documentaries with the intent of asking the big questions and provoking critical thinking on a variety of topics. This month, that topic is global warming. What did we learn from the recent climate cooling period from about 1200 CE through the mid-17th century? The effects of this “Little Ice Age” were not lost on the sea-going Dutch whalers. How does this contrast with our current warming trend? Read the article and join us for a lively discussion. https://aeon.co/essays/the-little-ice-age-is-a-history-of-resilienceand-surprises
[cid:cea28ac5-8771-42b4-b279-02c186ac8760]
Aeon | a world of ideas<https://aeon.co/essays/the-little-ice-age-is-a-history-of-resilienceand-surprises>
Aeon is a magazine of ideas and culture. We publish in-depth essays, incisive articles, and a mix of original and curated videos — free to all.
aeon.co