[Hac-announce] December 2017 Book Discussion: "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" by Yuval Noah Harari

kvngough at aol.com kvngough at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 16:31:13 EST 2017

Our book for December is Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by historian Yuval Noah Harari. The discussion will take place Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 2 pm in the library of the Unitarian Society of New Haven at 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden.

>From Amazon:
>From a renowned historian comes a groundbreaking narrative of humanity’s creation and evolution…that explores the ways in which biology and history have defined us and enhanced our understanding of what it means to be “human.”

One hundred thousand years ago, at least six different species of humans inhabited Earth. Yet today there is only one – homo sapiens. What happened to the others? And what may happen to us?

“Sapiens tackles the biggest questions of history and of the modern world, and it is written in unforgettably vivid language.” – Jared Diamond, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Guns, Germs, and Steel, Collapse, and The World until Yesterday

Light snacks will be served.

(Note: If you're thinking "I don't remember the November book discussion" that's because we moved the date - it's on Dec. 2 and we'll be discussing "Evicted.")