[Hac-announce] Only a few weeks left until SANE. Don't miss out!...

Carol Siddall carol at carolstone.com
Tue Oct 1 20:55:57 EDT 2013

This is a reminder that the Secular Assembly for the North East is less
than a month away.We are right about on target for selling tickets, but
there are still some left, so don't wait too long to register!

Sane is a day long conference in West Haven on Saturday the 19th of
October.You can find out all about it at its website:
http://www.saneonline.org.You can also register there if you haven't
already.The cost is only $35--, and that includes lunch.

There will be seven speakers:

- Jessica Ahlquist, the Rhode Island student who successfully got a
prayer removed from her school's auditorium

- Liz Heywood, who lost her leg as a child because her parents prayed
for her instead of doing something useful

- Dennis Paul Himes, the Connecticut State Director of American Atheists

- Sikivu Hutchinson, an author who writes about gender, race, and Atheism

- Barry Kosmin, from Trinity University's Institute for the Study of
Secularism in Society and Culture

- David Niose, the president of the Secular Coalition for America

- David Silverman, the president of American Atheists

I'm excited about this event.It should be a transformative event in the
secular community of Connecticut and surrounding states.I hope to see
you