[Hac-announce] March Book Selection Nominations

Dan Blinn danblinn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:42:38 EST 2012

Thanks to those of you who responded to my email regarding possible books
for us to read in March.

I had thrown out two possibilities:

1) The Age of American Unreason by Susan Jacoby

2) God's Harvard by Hanna Rosin

and, prior to the last discussion, Manny and I had recommended:

3) The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

A few people have contacted me and expressed interest in the Jacoby book
and the Rosin book.  Additionally, three members read "The Road" since our
last meeting, and they have all endorsed that selection.  I've read all 3
and think that all would be good.

On Saturday, we will pick one of those 3 books to read for March.  Please
feel free to check them out before Saturday's discussion.

If any of these books generate significant interest but are not picked for
March, then we'll consider them again for April.  If you have other books
that you would like to suggest for April or beyond, please let me know.
 Additionally, if you can't come on Saturday but have a preference as to
these 3 books, please let me know and I'll count your vote.

Dan Blinn