[Hac-announce] Vigil Service in New Haven tonight

Carol Siddall carol at carolstone.com
Sat Dec 15 14:21:48 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

(You're receiving this email because you subscribed to the announcements
list operated by the Humanist Association of Connecticut.  See
http://www.cthumanist.org/lists.html)

As most of you know, our president, June Schafer, is heavily involved
with the Interfaith Cooperative Ministries in New Haven. She has asked
me to notify anyone interested that there will be a vigil tonight on the
New Haven Green around the flagpole at 6:00 pm. She indicated ICM and
the Yale Student Humanists were involved. I've seen announcements
elsewhere that this may be a candle light vigil, and it is clearly an
interfaith thing, since I've seen lots of different New Haven faith
organizations attached to it.

There are actually lots of  vigils around the state. You can probably
find one near you one by going to your local paper's website or town
website and searching for the word "Vigil."

Our hearts go out to all of the victims and families affected by the
shooting.

The United Way has a fund to help the families and community. You can
learn more here:
https://newtown.uwwesternct.org/

Regards,
Carol Siddall