[Hac-announce] Conversations Saturday 11/5 at 2:30 p.m.

carol at carolstone.com carol at carolstone.com
Fri Nov 4 17:09:20 EDT 2011

Hello everyone.

This month's newsletter was going to hit the post office tonight, but
we've lost our power again (we did have it for over a day).

USNH does appear to have plenty of power and internet access.
Saturday's conversation is ready to go. Please attend if you can and
are interested!

When: Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 2:30 p.m.
Where: 700 Hartford Turnpkike in Hamden

We will view and discuss the first half of the 2009 documentary on Ray
Kurzweil and his ideas, "Transcendent Man"
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117394/). In addition to Kurzweils
explanation of his "law of accelerating returns" and its implications,
the film includes opinions from both his supporters and his critics.
Dennis Kababik will be leading the post-film discussion, which will
center around the concept of the singularity and what this means to
the future of evolution. Refreshments will be served.

-Carol Siddall
Newsletter editor