[Hac-announce] Uri Breier

David E Schafer deschafer at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 15:53:48 EDT 2009

Joyce Wolf just phoned to let us know that Uri Breier, longtime leader of the Westport Humanist Association, died about a week ago.

Those of you who have been around since the earliest days of our organization will remember Uri and his wife, who died a few years back.  In those days we used to have annual picnics together at Sherwood Island on Long Island Sound.

Some of us last saw Uri at Rosh Hashanah in the Society for Humanistic Judaism meeting when Rabbi Sherwin Wine spoke.  I believe it was in 2006.

One of the more interesting facts I recall about his earlier life was that he was an Israeli Air Force pilot during the Six-Day War.

Uri will be remembered in a service at 2 PM next Saturday at Meadow Ridge Retirement Community, 100 Redding Road, Redding CT 06896.  All Uri's friends are invited to attend.

David