[Hac-announce] Katelyn Jetelina review of COVID (plus flu and RSV)

Manny Sholem Ratafia manny at ratafias.com
Fri Dec 2 13:45:41 EST 2022

Here is a 15-minute presentation by epidemiologist Katelyn Jetelina
followed by a rich 36-minute Q&A with Bob Wachter of the University of
California San Francisco from yesterday (Dec 1). Katelyn's talk gives a
quick review of the pandemic and covers what is happening and
predictions for COVID variants, boosters, masks, the current
"triple-demic," and long Covid. //The meeting is a Grand Rounds for
medical people, and it's a little information dense, but you can follow
it without any healthcare or technical background and the key info will
be clear to everyone, and it includes important stuff that you don't get
in the general news coverage. _*Don't skip the Q&A*_--it's even more
informative and useful as the presentation. There's also an interesting
discussion of tribalism in our society in the last 5 minutes or so. This
is the best overview on COVID I've seen recently, and much more helpful
than info I've seen coming from the general media and government agencies.

The link below takes you to 2 min 28 sec into the video which is the
start of Katelyn's presentation.

Manny

https://youtu.be/vu4rK8dAgnU?t=148

--
"Fight for the things that you care about, but do it
in a way that will lead others to join you."