[Hac-announce] Fwd: [Ctcor_board] The Unbelieving – The Clergy Project Revealed this Fall

Carol Siddall carol at carolstone.com
Mon Aug 15 22:26:49 EDT 2022

Cary Shaw of the Humanists and Freethinkers of Fairfield County has put
quite a bit of effort into obtaining a group discount for an excursion
to New York on October 22 and is inviting all interested humanists in
Connecticut through the Connecticut Coalition of Reason.

Here is your invitation:

A play revealing the inner experiences of unbelieving clergy will be
performed this fall, and promises to be an excellent fascinating
one-of-a-kind performance.

More on the theater and play can be found at

https://www.59e59.org/shows/show-detail/the-unbelieving/

The play will run from October 20 to November 20.  We are encouraging
folks to join us for the 2:15 pm Saturday October 22 matinee
performance, from whence we can go to a local restaurant.  The theater,
59E59 Theater is at 59th Street, Manhattan, between Madison and Park
Avenues, a 17 minute walk north from Grand Central Station, making it
easy for attendees arriving via the Metro North train.  Or one could
also take a cab or subway from Grand Central Station.

There are people who make it their life’s work to enter ministry of
one religion /denomination or another, and at some point stop believing
in its theology.  Alone in this quandary, how do they feel, and what do
they decide to do?

The Clergy Project, begun in March 2011, provides an organization where
such people can “come out” to each other, and process choices.
“The Unbelieving” is about their actual experiences and choices,
without revealing names.

Tickets may be purchased at

https://www.59e59.org/shows/show-detail/the-unbelieving/

WE HAVE RECEIVED A PROMO CODE WORTH 15 % DISCOUNT FOR THE OCT 22 MATINEE
PERFORMANCE available for ticket purchase at the web site or at box
office (646-892-7999) over phone or in person. USE THE PROMO CODE
HFFC15, good until the day of performance.  Reduces ticket from $40 to
$34; Regular service fees apply.

At the current time mask and vaccination are required by the theater.
The performance is live.  No video or virtual version is planned.

We have tentatively picked The Bar Room, an American Bistro, (117 East
60th St.) to convene at after the show.  So that I get an idea of how
many will join us at the restaurant, if you are planning to do so,
please send me a simple email to caryshaw at optonline.net with “Oct 22
restaurant” in the subject line.

Your purchase of the show ticket can be done at their website above.
The box office number is 646-892-7999.

See you there.

Cary Shaw