[Hac-announce] REMINDER - Humanist Explorations Saturday, October 9, 2:30-4:30. In-person at USNH, Children’s Chapel (that’s probably TODAY by the time you read this! )

Gayle Walter gaylecwalter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:32:35 EDT 2021

“The Polio Crusade”

We will watch an hour-long PBS American Experience episode, followed by discussion, led by Steve and Susan Boshi.

Seventy years ago, America was confronting a disease with health and social implications and a death rate higher than that of today's COVID pandemic. Then, as now, a vaccine was developed. Unlike the 1950s, today's vaccines have not been widely embraced, despite the ubiquitous availability. The tale of the fifties, and that of now, holds many questions and some answers worth pursuing.

We will be masked and practice Social Distancing.