[Hac-announce] REMINDER: Join us for Explorations on Saturday, September 4th from 2:30 to 4:30

Susan Boshi susangboshi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:39:25 EDT 2021

[image: The Humanist Association of Connecticut]
<https://www.cthumanist.org/>

The Humanist Association of Connecticut <https://www.cthumanist.org/>

 A community for humanists since 1989
Humanist Explorations: Hedy Lamarr, Film Star with a Hidden Talent

Saturday, September 4, 2021, 2:30PM

This is our monthly discussion meeting, held at 2:30 PM on the first
Saturday of each month.
We have returned to holding these in-person in the Social Hall at USNH.
There's plenty of room for social distancing.
Film producer Louis B. Mayer promoted Hedy Lamarr as: "The world's most
beautiful woman," and her work in thirty films over as many years
established her as that for many of her fans. There was, however, a little
known side of her that never received much attention. She was also an
accomplished scientist and inventor, and her work in that capacity has had
a major impact on history, and on our lives today. Join us for this
fascinating story, which pays homage to an underestimated woman of our age.

USNH, 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden CT

View on Meetup <https://www.meetup.com/cthumanist/events/280303474/>