[Hac-announce] May 2021 Book Discussion: "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov - Location TBD

kvngough at aol.com kvngough at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 18:55:24 EDT 2021

Our book for May is the modern Russian classic The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. The discussion will take place Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 2:30 pm. Note: With the spring weather, I am hopeful that we will be able to meet in person outside. Location announcement will be posted on Meetup.

>From Amazon:
Nothing in the whole ofliterature compares with The Master andMargarita. One spring afternoon, the Devil, trailing fire and chaos in hiswake, weaves himself out of the shadows and into Moscow. Mikhail Bulgakov’s fantastical,funny, and devastating satire of Soviet life combines two distinct yetinterwoven parts, one set in contemporary Moscow,the other in ancient Jerusalem,each brimming with historical, imaginary, frightful, and wonderful characters.Written during the darkest days of Stalin’s reign, and finally published in1966 and 1967, The Master and Margaritabecame a literary phenomenon, signaling artistic and spiritual freedom forRussians everywhere.

 “Nude vampires, gun-totingtalking black cat, and devil as ultimate party starter aside, the miracle ofthis novel is that every time you read it, it’s a different book.” – MarlonJames, T: The New York Times StyleMagazine

If, after starting to read the book, something about it seems familiar, you may find this link of interest:https://www.masterandmargarita.eu/en/05media/stonesvideo.html
The book discussion may be a virtual event using the Zoom platform:
1) If you have signed up for the discussion on Meetup, you will have access to the Zoom link for the meeting.
2) If you are not a 'regular' attendee and have not signed up for the discussion on Meetup but plan on attending, please send us an e-mail (kvngough at aol.com) and we will send you an invitation to the meeting.
Here is a link to a short video that discusses how to join a Zoom meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-?zcid=1588
Hope you and your family are safe and well,
Kevin (& Paula)