[Hac-announce] REMINDER: Humanist Explorations TODAY at 2:30

Gayle Walter gaylecwalter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 13:34:48 EDT 2021

Humanist Explorations TODAY!
Saturday, April 3, 2:30-4:30
What is bitcoin?

What is cryptocurrency and how is it enabled by blockchain technology? Without getting too deep into the technological weeds, we will discuss how blockchain is changing the world of finance, technology, and art, and whether we think cryptocurrency is a ponzi scheme, a religious cult, or the greatest thing since sliced bread. We'll also discuss some recent headlines about "nonfungible tokens," which represent an interesting and novel application of blockchain to the world of digital art.

Meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86886923216