[Hac-announce] October 2020 Book Discussion: "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan

kvngough at aol.com kvngough at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 10:22:30 EDT 2020

Our book for October is How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan. The discussion will take place Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020 at 2:30 pm.
Note: The discussion is currently posted as an online (Zoom) event (see below). If the weather is suitable, it may be changed to an outdoor in-person discussion at Town Center Park in Hamden.

>From Amazon:
Abrilliant and brave investigation into the medical and scientific revolutiontaking place around psychedelic drugs – and the spellbinding story of his ownlife-changing psychedelic experiences.

A unique andelegant blend of science, memoir, travel writing, history, and medicine, How toChange Your Mind is a triumph of participatory journalism. By turns dazzlingand edifying, it is the gripping account of a journey to an exciting andunexpected new frontier in our understanding of the mind, the self, and ourplace in the world.
"Pollan’sdeeply researched chronicle will enlighten those who think of psychedelicschiefly as a kind of punchline to a joke about the Woodstock generation andhearten the growing number who view them as a potential antidote to our oftenstubbornly narrow minds....engaging and informative." – The Boston Globe
If the book discussion is a virtual event using the Zoom platform:

1) If you have signed up for the discussion on Meetup, you have access to the Zoom link for the meeting.

2) If you are not a 'regular' attendee and have not signed up for the discussion on Meetup but plan on attending, please send us an e-mail (kvngough at aol.com) and we will send you an invitation to the meeting.
Here is a link to a short video that discusses how to join a Zoom meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-?zcid=1588
Hope you and your family are safe and well,

Kevin (& Paula)