[Hac-announce] The Decline of Reason and the Rise of Dysfunction in America

Carol Ritter critter80 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 25 22:18:18 EDT 2020

an event of interest with the Hartford Humanists<https://www.meetup.com/Hartford-Humanists>
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM EDT

sign-up at https://www.meetup.com/Hartford-Humanists/events<https://www.meetup.com/Hartford-Humanists/events/>

Online event

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82754839079?pwd=aWNCQWxXNkpzM3FOQ0NESUNxaTg1dz09

Details

Over the course of this year, we will be exploring the various facets of the Humanist 10 Commitments. This month leading up to the election, we will be covering Critical Thinking.

Our speaker this month is David Niose - David is a past president of the American Humanist Association (2009-2012) and former legal director of the Appignani Humanist Legal Center (2014-2019).

A lawyer who has litigated cases all over the country, including numerous constitutional cases on behalf of the AHA, Niose has also worked in print and broadcasting media and taught both history and law. He has written extensively on a wide array of issues for numerous publications, including Salon, Huffington Post, Truthout, Washington Post, and many others, and has appeared on numerous national and local media outlets discussing legal and political issues. Niose is the author of Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans (Palgrave Macmillan) and Fighting Back the Right: Reclaiming America from the Attack on Reason (St. Martin’s Press). He also blogs for Psychology Today.