[Hac-announce] Dinner and Discussion:Planet of the Humans? Monday, May 25, 2020 7:00 PM

Carol Ritter critter80 at hotmail.com
Sun May 24 15:22:18 EDT 2020

Monday, May 25, 2020

7:00 PM to 9:00 PM EDT

Every 4th Monday of the month

Online event

Link visible for attendees

Carol S.<https://www.meetup.com/cthumanist/events/gvsqlnybchbhc/attendees/>
Hosted by
Carol S.<https://www.meetup.com/cthumanist/events/gvsqlnybchbhc/attendees/>
<https://www.meetup.com/cthumanist>

Details

Michael Moore presents Planet of the Humans, a documentary that dares to say what no one else will this Earth Day — that we are losing the battle to stop climate change on planet earth because we are following leaders who have taken us down the wrong road — selling out the green movement to wealthy interests and corporate America. This film is the wake-up call to the reality we are afraid to face: that in the midst of a human-caused extinction event, the environmental movement’s answer is to push for techno-fixes and band-aids. It's too little, too late. – YouTube, Michael Moore

There is a discussion guide at www.planetofthehumans.com<http://www.planetofthehumans.com/>. The movie viewing deadline on YouTube was officially May 20th, but I found one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Bd_5loWNg and using the same strategy, you can find videos disagreeing on YouTube, as well.

To note: This is a Jeff Gibbs movie, directed by Jeff Gibbs. Michael Moore didn't direct the film or write the screenplay, and he doesn't appear in it. Moore did finance, produce and promote the film. This film is controversial: HAC does not endorse many of its assertions, but we will investigate and discuss this movie at the meeting (https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76831485576).