[Hac-announce] Monday's Discussion Meeting on vaccines

Carol Siddall carol at carolstone.com
Sun Mar 22 18:07:00 EDT 2020

Since we've been told to stay home until April 22 (for now), let's have
this discussion online! If we like meeting this way, we could meet more
frequently. I've got more topics up my sleeve (and they don't all have
this much reading).

Here's the link and a phone number if you don't have a computer. You'll
need to either use a microphone and speakers or phone in. A webcam is
optional.

https://www.uberconference.com/cthumanist
Or by phone at: 716-293-7767 and you'll need this PIN - 25266

Do you think abolishing religious exemptions to vaccines is a good idea?
Here are some articles on the issue. This one
(https://journalistsresource.org/studies/society/public-health/child-vaccinations-religious-exemption/)
is an article about California's experience. This one
(https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx)
is a summary of states with exemptions (dated January 2020). This one
(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5141457/) is a scholarly
article investigating the validity of religious exemption claims. Come
prepared to share your thoughts and reasoning.

Hope to see you online!

-carol