[Hac-announce] Book Discussion - Rescheduled for 1/25 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.

Carol Siddall carol at carolstone.com
Sat Jan 18 16:39:13 EST 2020

We have rescheduled the January 18 book discussion for January 25 at
2:30 p.m. We will meet in the Social Hall, as the library is booked with
another program. (The Social Hall is the room the kitchen opens into and
is where we usually have our main event.)

If you haven't read the book yet - here's your chance!

Book Discussion: Where Do We Go From Here? By Dr. Martin Luther King,
Jr. In 1967, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., isolated himself from the
demands of the civil rights movement, rented a house in Jamaica with no
telephone, and labored over his final manuscript. In this prophetic
work…he lays out his thoughts, plans, and dreams for America's future,
including the need for better jobs, higher wages, decent housing, and
quality education. With a universal message of hope that continues to
resonate, King demanded an end to global suffering, asserting that
humankind – for the first time – has the resources and technology to
eradicate poverty. –from Amazon