[Hac-announce] Dinner Discussion Reminder: Tomorrow Wood-n-Tap

Carol Ritter critter80 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 25 22:08:21 EDT 2019

Dinner and Discussion: Emotions - Monday, August 26 - 7:00 PM / Wood 'n Tap, Hamden

This is our monthly dinner discussion group. This week's topic is about an emotion introduced by an episode of NPR's Invisibilia podcast at: https://www.npr.org/2017/06/01/530936928/emotions-part-two(there's a link to the transcript on the left side of the page).

This discussion is just about the first story in the podcast, which introduces an emotion called liget that you and I are not familiar with. A recent Forbes article https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2017/09/09/here-are-the-27-different-human-emotions-according-to-a-study includes a link to the original study that concludes there are 27 emotions. Psychologist Robert Plutchik came up with 32 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Plutchik and arranged them on a wheel. Have you ever suspected that perhaps the official human emotional landscape is incomplete? Do emotions need a community to exist? Do they matter without a community? Bring your thoughts!

RSVP https://meetup.com/cthumanist/<https://www.meetup.com/cthumanist/>