[Hac-announce] New York Times front page

Cary S Shaw caryshaw at optonline.net
Sat Aug 11 13:00:20 EDT 2018

On the front page of today's New York Times is an article about hospitals
providing information about procedures they will and will not do.

It can be found online at:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/health/catholic-hospitals-procedures.html

I believe that we humanists scooped the New York Times.   Acting together we
brought this issue to the Connecticut legislature, wherein in our first year
of effort we were able to get an official bill written, and a public hearing
by the state legislature’s important joint Public Health Committee.  The
bill was not reported out to the full legislature.

The NYTimes’ front page print edition's title is “When the Religious
Objection Comes From Your Local Hospital”.

HAC is a founding member of the Connecticut Coalition of Reason, and a great
many of us connect with the Secular Coalition for Connecticut.

--Cary Shaw