[Hac-announce] Visit from Evan Clark of The Humanist Experience: Saturday, March 25, 2 PM

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Sun Mar 19 20:42:37 EDT 2017

In the March newsletter we announced that the hosts of the the podcast,
“The Humanist Experience,” would be in Connecticut in May and we would
be setting up a special event.

This will take place at USNH, 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden, at 2 PM on
Saturday, March 25.

Evan Clark, co-host of the podcast, will tell us about his work.

The Humanist Experience is billed as a country-trotting storytelling
series produced for Foundation Beyond Belief. The creators say, “The
main thrust of our work is to encourage people in the secular community
to take Humanistic principles out of the realm of pure intellectualism
and into action. Our primary vehicle for this is storytelling: usually
stories of life-changing encounters with modern social issues, which
serve as a catalyst for discussion and emotional education.”

Evan Clark is a facilitator, activist, and designer who is currently the
chair of the Secular Student Alliance and has over 10 years experience
creating and leading community groups for social change.

We'll start with 20 minutes of conversation at 2 PM.  Evan's
presentation will start at 2:20 PM.