[Hac-announce] New Meetup Group That May Be of Interest To Some Of Our Members

Rebecca Williams rebecca.humanist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:25:26 EST 2017

The current political climate has given birth to a wave of activism not
seen in many years.  There is a new Meetup group forming that has multiple
locations throughout our state and the country simply called #Resist.
It works differently than most Meetup Groups as you have the power to add
Meetups to the #Resist group you've joined (visit alendar.google.com/
calendar/render?tab=wc#main_7 to see locations - there is one for Hamden as
well as New Haven).  They are asking that if you hear of actions (rallies,
town halls, organizing sessions, etc.) happening near you that you schedule
them on your group's Meetups. This will help people discover actives in
your community (like this Thursday at the New Haven Library there is a
Fight 4 Reproductive Rights (
https://www.facebook.com/events/661770924024213/).  This is an excellent
opportunity for those folks who want to do more with a wider audience
(think perhaps interfaith) to be engaged.

*Rebecca Williams*

*(203) 900-4221 <(203)%20900-4221>*

Vice President, Hartford Area Humanist www.hartfordhumanist.org
<http://www.hartfordhumanist.org/about>

<http://www.hartfordhumanist.org/about>

Treasurer, The Humanist Association of Connecticut www.cthumanist.org

<http://www.hartfordhumanist.org/about>

Secretary, Connecticut Coalition of Reason ctcor.org

*Humanism is a progressive lifestance that, without supernaturalism,
affirms our ability and responsibility to lead meaningful, ethical lives
capable of adding to the greater good of humanity. • American Humanist
Association <http://americanhumanist.org/>*