[Hac-announce] Upcoming Events - Humanist Association of Connecticut

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Fri Sep 2 22:42:32 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

(You're receiving this email because you subscribed to the announcements
list operated by the Humanist Association of Connecticut.  See
http://www.cthumanist.org/lists.html)

On Saturday, September 3 at the earlier time of 2 PM, we will be holding
our Humanist Explorations meeting for September at USNH, 700 Hartford
Turnpike, Hamden.  Steve & Susan Boshi are away gathering material for
their next travelogue, so we will be showing and discussing the first
half of the documentary The Century of the Self by Adam Curtis.  This
views the 20th Century as the century of Freudian psychology and
chronicles the rise of public relations and its use to control markets
and electorates.

On Labor Day at 7 PM we will hold our monthly social dinner at the
Turkish Kebab House, 1157 Campbell Ave., West Haven.

On Saturday, September 17 from 2 to 4 PM, at USNH, 700 Hartford
Turnpike, Hamden, our book group will be discussing “The World Beyond
Your Head: On Becoming an Individual in an Age of Distraction” by
Matthew B. Crawford.

Our monthly meeting on Monday, September 19 at USNH, 700 Hartford
Turnpike, Hamden, will feature a talk by Cheri Quikmire, the Executive
Director of Common Cause of Connecticut.

Our board and standing committee meetings will take place from 2 to 4 PM
at USNH, 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden, on Sunday, September 25.  All
members are welcome to attend.

There are more details on our web site, https://cthumanist.org, and on
our Meetup site.

Regards,