[Hac-announce] Volunteers Needed – New Haven and Bridgeport

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Mon Jan 4 16:48:28 EST 2016

This request for volunteers was published in the November HAC
newsletter. I had promised to sent it out on our announcements list too.
*
Volunteers Needed – New Haven and Bridgeport*

*LifeBridge Community Services *is a 166 year-old social services agency
whose mission is to empower people to build a brighter future, by
linking flexible, innovative programs to restore personal capability,
develop skills, and build a pathway to self-sufficiency. LifeBridge is
located in Bridgeport with a Food Services Program in New Haven.

*Senior Dine Program – New Haven location***

The Food Services Program offers an alternative to dining at senior
community centers and housing communities by offering meals at local
area restaurants on specific days during the week with a fixed menu of
9-10 entrées. Seniors benefit from a varied menu in a social setting
that lifts their spirits and nurtures their bodies. Volunteers are
needed to register and greet the clients for this program, collect
tickets and track attendance.

*VITA Program – Bridgeport location*

LifeBridge Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program provides free income
tax return preparation to eligible low income clients from late January
until early April. Last year, LifeBridge helped over 650 families
complete their taxes free of charge. As one of the larger VITA sites in
Fairfield County, we utilize volunteers as Greeters, Preparers and for
Quality Review. Volunteers receive online and in person training before
tax season begins. Prior accounting or tax experience is not required.

To find out more about these and all our volunteer opportunities, please
contact Laura Rundell, Volunteer Coordinator, 203-368-5582 or
lrundell at LifeBridgeCT.org

www.lifebridgect.org <http://www.lifebridgect.org>