[Hac-announce] We are meeting with Congressman Himes at 2 PM tomorrow (Thursday).

Cary S Shaw caryshaw at optonline.net
Wed May 14 12:51:45 EDT 2014

The more the merrier, please pass this on, and attend if you are able.
Time: 2 PM

Where: Congressman Jim Himes Office
10th Floor
Stamford Government Office
888 Washington Blvd (corner of Washington Blvd and Tresser Blvd)
Stamford CT

Parking: Vehicle entrance on Washington Blvd

Photos:  Please bring cameras, we’d like some pictures.

We will be presenting Congressman Himes with a document which says:

Be it resolved that the Connecticut Coalition of Reason recognizes and applauds Congressman Jim Himes for his intellectual integrity and political courage in co-sponsoring H. Res. 467: Expressing support for the designation of February 12, 2014, as “Darwin Day” and recognizing the importance of science in the betterment of humanity.  The resolution, had it passed, would have the United States House of Representatives support the designation of Darwin Day to acknowledge the momentous contribution of Charles Darwin to reason, science, and the advancement of human knowledge.

The Connecticut Coalition of Reason is a coalition of nontheist and secular organizations in Connecticut. Its members are the Atheist Humanist Society of CT & RI, Camp Quest New England, Connecticut Valley Atheists, Congregation for Humanistic Judaism of Fairfield County, Hartford Area Humanists, the Humanist Association of Connecticut, Humanists and Freethinkers of Fairfield County, the Secular Coalition for Connecticut, and the Yale Humanist Community.

Cary Shaw
Board Member, CT Coalition of Reason
Pres, Humanists and Freethinkers of Fairfield County