[Hac-announce] Announcing New Affiliated Group: Hartford Humanists

Dan Blinn danblinn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 11:43:49 EDT 2013

HAC has decided to establish a new, affiliated group in the
greater-Hartford area. Our goal is to establish a humanist community that
will organize and implement programs and events in and around Hartford.
 The working name for the group is Hartford Humanists.

What types of programs and events? That is up to everyone. All humanists
(and those who are interested in humanism) are invited to come to our
Organizational Meeting on April 30 at 6:30 pm at the Wood-N-Tap in Rocky
Hill. There are only two items on the agenda:

1) Socialize!!

2) Brainstorm on future activities and events.

Those from outside of the greater-Hartford area are welcome to come and
participate in the first steps of the newest member of the humanist and
secular community! Please join the new, Hartford Humanist Meetup
Group<http://www.meetup.com/Hartford-Humanists>and respond as to
whether you can come to our inaugural meeting.

Humanism is a progressive philosophy of life that, without theism and other
supernatural beliefs, affirms our ability and responsibility to lead
ethical lives of personal fulfillment that aspire to the greater good of
humanity.