[Hac-announce] Next Book Group Selection: Deer Hunting With Jesus

Dan Blinn danblinn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 09:41:04 EDT 2013

Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey to select our May book.
 Those responding selected *Deer Hunting With Jesus *by Joe
Bageant<http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/deer-hunting-with-jesus-joe-bageant/1008077924?ean=9780307339362&isbn=9780307339362&itm=1&usri=9780060872670>.
 If you purchase through the Barnes & Noble link above, HAC will get a
portion of the proceeds.  The book is also available in public libraries.

The discussion will be on Saturday, May 25 at 3:00 pm at USNH in Hamden,
CT.

Also, there is still plenty of time to read *Good Without God* by Greg
Epstein<http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/good-without-god-greg-m-epstein/1111548427?ean=9780061670121&isbn=9780061670121&itm=1&usri=9780060872670>,
which we will discuss on April 20.  Kevin Gough will moderate that
discussion.

A few people have suggested books for us to read, and some have expressed
interest in moderating a discussion.  Your suggested book is much more
likely to be included in a survey if you have already read it and if you
provide an explanation as to why it should be included.  I highly suggest
that you make your suggestions in the survey responses.  Recommended books
should relate to humanism or touch upon issues of interest to humanists,
they should be available in public libraries, and they should be something
that is reasonably accessible to a diverse group of readers.  For example,
certain novels by James Joyce might be too difficult for many (most?
substantially all?) of our participants to read.  If someone wishes to
moderate an upcoming conversation, please let me know.

Happy reading!

Dan Blinn