[Hac-announce] Misc. Announcements

Dan Blinn danblinn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 06:18:12 EST 2012

*Monthly Meeting:*
*
Remember that our monthly meeting is a week earlier than usual this month
to accommodate our guest speaker, Tom Flynn, Executive Director of the
Council of Secular Humanism, who will be speaking this Monday on Robert
Ingersoll.  This promises to be be a great event.

A New Haven woman who does not have a car has requested that someone give
her a ride.  If you can help, please let me know, and I'll put you in touch
with her.  She tried to come to the recent Harriet Beecher Stowe event, but
misconnected with her ride, so I'm hoping that someone can help her out
this time.

*Secular Coalition for Connecticut:*
*
*
The Secular Coalition, consisting of humanist and atheist groups throughout
Connecticut, had its inaugural meeting last night. If anyone hears of any
separation of church and state issues, please let either me or Doug Peary
know so that we can bring it to the group's attention. We are also
monitoring state legislative activity.  We also hope to give the members of
all of our groups opportunities to get involved in visible social action
projects in order to help enhance the reputation of humanists and atheists.
 Please contact me if you have any questions about the group.

The Secular Coalition has its own Facebook page, and this is a great place
to post things of interest to humanists and atheists.  Because the group is
private, only other humanists and atheists can see it, so you don't need to
worry about offending your Aunt Tilly.  I've added those members who I know
that are on Facebook; if you'd like to join this group, please let me know.

*HAC Facebook Page:*
*
*
And, speaking of Facebook, did you know that we also have a page?  Unlike
the Secular Coalition's page, our page is public. Please visit and "like"
us!  Also, if you have any digital photos of group events, please send them
to me, and I'll post them.  Social networking is a great way to publicize
our speakers and events!

*Hartford Area Social Dinner:*
*
*
We are making an effort to build up our Hartford area membership by
publicizing the Hartford area social dinner.  Beginning this month, on
March 26, we will begin meeting at Hanafin's Irish Pub in Glastonbury.  We
hope to get a large showing, and the plan is to get some local press about
the group in an effort to attract some new locals.  Some of us come down
from there to Hamden all the time, so we'd appreciate some help if a few
people journeyed to the frozen North as we try to build up local
attendance.  Hartford area members are particularly encouraged to come to
the dinners.
*
*
*Reason Rally:*
*
*
The bus leaving from Hartford to the Reason
Rally<http://reasonrally.dcrallybus.com/>on March 24 is confirmed -
and there are only 7 seats left.  If you are
considering coming, don't delay!

I look forward to seeing many of you on Monday!

Dan Blinn