[Hac-announce] Book Discussion Group

Dan Blinn danblinn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:38:06 EST 2012

As previously announced, our next book is "God's Harvard" by Hanna Rosin on
Sunday, April 1.    I just downloaded the book on Kindle - it was less than
$3.  It is probably  the same price on Nook.  So, for those who can't get a
library copy, there's a very cheap alternative.  You can get Kindle reader
software <http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311>to
read on a computer for free.

Bonnie Cohen sent me the New Yorker article by Rosin, forwarded below.  The
article covers a lot of the same ground.  I thought that those who were
undecided about participating might like to read a little about the subject.

With respect to future books, It has been suggested that we pick books two
months in advance for the benefit of those who like to read ahead.  So, on
April 1, we will be picking two books to read.  If you have suggestions on
books, please let me know prior to April 1 so that I can check them out
before we next meet.  If you want to moderate a discussion on a book that
you're recommending, let me know that, too.  Some people have already made
some suggestions, and I would appreciate hearing your ideas as well.

Dan Blinn