[Hac-announce] New Book Discussion Announcement: Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans.

Dan Blinn danblinn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:48:18 EDT 2012

We had previously announced that American Humanist Ass'n President Dave
Niose will be speaking to us on Sunday, August 19, about his soon to be
released book, Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular
Americans.<http://www.amazon.com/Nonbeliever-Nation-Rise-Secular-Americans/dp/023033895X>
In order to encourage our members to read Dave's book, we had originally
decided not to schedule a regular book discussion meeting in August.

Several of our members have expressed an interest in meeting to discuss
this book.  And, the publisher has sent us a large number of pre-release
copies of the book that are available for purchase now at a discounted
price of $15.25.    So, we have decided to convene the book discussion
group to discuss Nonbeliever Nation.  We will meet on Sunday, August 12, at
2:00 pm.

Ordinarily, we only read books that are widely available at public
libraries so that all of our members can participate in our discussions
without having to purchase the books.  If there is anyone who cannot afford
to pay $15.25 for the book, please see June, as she has indicated that we
may be able to make a few books available to our members who would
otherwise not be able to obtain them.

Carol Siddall will have the books at the several events that we have
scheduled over the next few days (Cider House Rules film screening tonight,
Cider House Rules book discussion on Saturday, Monthly meeting on Monday).
 Please see her if you wish to purchase a book.

Dan Blinn