[Hac-announce] Special showing of film "Inside Mecca"

David E Schafer deschafer at comcast.net
Thu Oct 20 23:47:22 EDT 2011

As June announced at Monday's meeting, we're giving a special showing Friday
evening (October 22) at 6:30, together with the Adult Religious Education
committee, of a beautifully filmed documentary by National Geographic
entitled "Inside Mecca."  It is a detailed account of the drama and
spectacle of the Hajj, the pilgrimage to Mecca, one of the "pillars" of
Islam, mandatory for able Muslims and forbidden to non-Muslims.  I believe
most of you will find it worth your time.

The event will be held in the Social Hall at USNH, 700 Hartford Turnpike, at
6:30 pm (potluck dinner), with the showing to begin promptly at 7:00 pm, and
a discussion to follow after the film.  You're all invited to attend.  We
hope to see you.

David and June