[Hac-announce] Secular and Religious Discussions

phungis at comcast.net phungis at comcast.net
Sun Nov 27 17:50:39 EST 2011

Fellow CT Humanists,

I would like to invite my fellow members of the Connecticut Humanist Association to participate in some upcoming discussions related to Eboo Patel's book Acts of Faith and the mission of the Interfaith Youth Core.

Our hope is that by reaching out to a broader group of secular and religious organizations in the New Haven area, our collective discussion can be deeper and more rewarding for everyone.

The events currently planned at USNH (700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden, CT) are:

Friday December 2nd - Spiritual Cinema
Potluck at 6:30 pm, films and discussion beginning at 7:00 pm.
See the attached flyer for details.

Sunday January 15th - Book Discussion
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Discussion of Eboo Patel's Acts of Faith as it relates to the issues of...

    • (1) educating young people regarding personal cosmology and social activism
    • (2) participation by young people in secular or faith-based organizations that encourage pluralism and peace rather than totalitarianism and violence.

We look forward to sharing these important discussions with you and other members of the Humanist, Secular and Interfaith community.

Thanks,

---P.J. Deak
Co-Facilitator of the Common Read for the Unitarian Society of New Haven
700 Hartford Turnpike
Hamden, CT