[Hac-announce] More on Prothero video

David E Schafer deschafer at comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 16:09:00 EST 2011

Two days ago Manny Ratafia kindly forwarded an announcement of a showing of
Steve Prothero in a video at USNH a week from tonight, January 6, preceded
by a potluck dinner at 6:30 pm.  I'm re-sending this announcement because
the original contained two typos, one unfortunately misleading.  I repeat
Manny's invitation to all of you to come to the potluck at 6:30 p.m. and the
video showing at 7:00, naturally with a good discussion afterward, at 8:00.
Here's the corrected announcement:

THE OTHER SIDE OF PLURALISM:  SPIRITUAL CINEMA AND POTLUCK DINNER, FRIDAY,
JAN 6, 6:30 P.M. IN USNH SOCIAL HALL

The next Spiritual Cinema session will continue our preparation for this
year's UUA  Common Read, Acts of Faith, by Eboo Patel, an American  Muslim.
Patel's book is a stunning argument for interfaith cooperation, especially
in the education of young people.  The central role of the practice of
religious pluralism in a democratic society and a democratic denomination is
further highlighted in a recent book entitled God Is Not One, by Stephen
Prothero, Professor of Religion, Boston University.  On January 6 the
Spiritual Cinema will feature an informative and spirited 57-minute
conversation between Prothero and the Very Reverend Samuel T. Lloyd III,
Dean of the Washington National Cathedral on the subject "Why Our Religious
Differences Matter and How to Learn from Them."  Everyone is invited to
attend and bring a friend.  Potluck dinner in the USNH Social Hall at 6:30
p.m., cinema showing promptly at 7:00, and a full-group discussion following
at 8:00.