[Hac-announce] Creationists Right on Our Heels

Thomas Platt tplatt13 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 13:41:51 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I recently passed on a link to some of you to one of the derivative
articles based upon this research:

Death and Science: The Existential Underpinnings of Belief in
Intelligent Design and Discomfort with Evolution
http://tinyurl.com/4avbx4w

The link to the derivative article I sent was this one:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/03/110330192201.htm

THIS morning I ran across the following rejoinder by the Institute
for Creation Research to the corresponding article in Discovery News:
http://www.icr.org/article/6039/

By the way, at the bottom of the article at the link here, also by
ICR, I found the following statement which I have reproduced below:
http://www.trueorigin.org/imp-269a.asp

"We believe God has raised up ICR to spearhead Biblical
Christianity's defense against the godless dogma of evolutionary
humanism. Only by showing the scientific bankruptcy of evolution,
while exalting Christ and the Bible, will Christians be successful in
"the pulling down of strongholds; casting down imaginations, and
every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of
Christ" (II Corinthians10:4,5)."

Don't doubt that this sort of creationist stuff is all over the
internet whenever you search for pertinent topics on evolution or
geology.

This should drive home the fact that these matters were hardly
settled in the public arena with the Dover trial, which we read about
in the book, "Monkey Girl".

		GTom Platt