[Hac-announce] Memorial service for Lois Wolsch - Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 2 PM in Southbury, Connecticut

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Fri May 14 20:37:02 EDT 2010

Unless you came to one of the recent monthly meetings you may have
missed the announcement that Lois Wolsch died on April 2nd.

The memorial service for Lois will be held this Sunday, May 16th, at 2PM
in the Heritage Village section of Southbury.  Please call the number
given in the obituary below for the location.

> Lois Cothran Wolsch, age 85, died peacefully April 2, 2010 at her home in
> South-bury. She was the wife of "the love of her life" for 47 years, the late
> Dr. Robert A. Wolsch. Mrs. Wolsch was born November 26, 1924 in Baltimore, Md.
> She was the daughter of the late Andrew and Lillian Anderson Cothran. She has
> resided in Southbury for the last 16 years, previously living for 20 years in
> Danbury. Mrs. Wolsch graduated from the University of Michigan with a BA in
> Childhood Education and an MA in Speech Therapy. In her professional life in
> Danbury, Lois was a speech therapist for the Danbury Public Schools for 20 years
> and an adjunct Professor of Speech Communications at Western CT State
> University. She co-authored six books on Speech Communication with her husband,
> including a book of Speech Therapy lesson plans called Showing you Know. When
> retired, she led the Book Club out of the Southbury Library and was a member of
> numerous local cultural events groups and Organizations. Outside of her
> professional accomplishments, Lois was best known for her sense of style and
> color, her acceptance of all people, her love of learning and being an eloquent
> conversationalist. Lois Wolsch is survived by her children, William Wolsch and
> his wife, Vera Wolsch of Chatham, N.J., Jordan Wolsch of Huntington Beach,
> Calif. and Lisa Wolsch Rousseau and her husband, Edward Rousseau of Fairfield.
> She is further survived by her three granddaughters, Emily Marie and Susan
> Elizabeth Wolsch and Abigail Lois Rousseau, as well as her sister and
> brother-in-law; nieces, nephews; and a large circle of friends and admirers. In
> addition to her parents, she was predeceased in 2009 by her sister, Carol
> Larsen. A Memorial Service to celebrate her life will be held Sunday, May 16th
> at 2 p.m. in Southbury. For information about the memorial, please call Carpino
> Funeral Home at (203) 264-1991. Her family requests that in lieu of flowers,
> donations are sent to the Danbury Music Center, Inc. 256 Main St., Danbury, CT,
> I Can, Inc. #1 Padanaram Rd., Suite 201, Peacock Alley, Danbury, CT and 13 WNET-
> Public Radio/TV, 356 West 58th St., NY, NY 10019.
>

> *Published in News Times on April 10, 2010*

Regards,

	Richard Siddall
	webmaster at cthumanist.org