[Hac-announce] Upcoming Events - Humanist Association of Connecticut

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Fri Feb 5 10:34:46 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

(You're receiving this email because you subscribed to the announcements
list operated by the Humanist Association of Connecticut.  See
http://www.cthumanist.org/lists.html)

Our monthly Humanist Conversations will be held this coming Saturday,
February 6th, at 2:30 PM in the library at USNH, 700 Hartford Turnpike,
Hamden.  You can read Cynthia's cryptic description of the subject of
this session online at http://www.cthumanist.org/, or in the newsletter.

There will be a Darwin Day Dinner at 7:00 PM on Friday, February 12th.
See http://www.humanisticjews.org/darwin/ for more details including the
address in Norwalk and how to purchase tickets.  (This is not an HAC
event, but some of our members will be there.)

Our monthly meeting on Monday, February 15th will feature Dr. David
Schafer presenting an overview of "Evo-Devo", the subject of a recent
PBS Nova episode.  We'll start at 7:30 PM with half an hour of coffee
and conversation.  David's talk will follow brief announcements at 8:00 PM.

The third meeting of our series "The Bible from the Standpoint of
Scientific and Historical Analysis" will be held from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
on Saturday, February 20th in the library at USNH, 700 Hartford
Turnpike.  This month's meeting will cover, among other things, a
timeline of the stone, copper, bronze, and iron ages; an introduction to
isotopic dating; and a comparison of Sumerian texts with the two
creation stories in the Bible.

Our board and standing committee meetings will be held at USNH, 700
Hartford Turnpike, Hamden, at 2:30 PM on Sunday, February 21st.  All HAC
members are welcome to attend.

Our second social dinner of the month will be held on Tuesday, February
23rd at Michel Angelo's Pizzeria, 825 Cromwell Ave., Rocky Hill.  Please
RSVP to Carol Stone via http://meetup.com/cthumanist, or by email to
editor at cthumanist.org, or by phone at 203 264-8546.  RSVPs let us tell
the restaurant how large a table to prepare for our party.

Coming up in March we have another social dinner in the New Haven area
on Monday, March 1st, and our next book discussion (on Mark Twain's
"Letters from the Earth") on Sunday, March 14th.

Directions to most of the locations of our meetings are on the web site
at http://www.cthumanist.org/directions.html

Regards,

         Richard Siddall
         webmaster at cthumanist.org