[Hac-announce] info on Robert T. Pennock

frank defina francescode at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 12:57:25 EDT 2009

Dear Manny,

Manythanks for the info. on the talk at Qunnipiac!  I will attend, and I hope to see you there. I am reading the the " Audacity " of Hope,' and enjoying it & I "hope" Barak doesn't ( to paraphrase from a recent Harper's,or Atlantic article),turn out to be a " Barak Hoover Obama !", and the present immoral, amoral, " full press' by the " reactionary forces in our country, will test his "hope," as well as his " resolve " to confront them, and get a decent Helath Care package, which Germany has had since l878, and the European counries have had since W. W. II !

Our next book , I " hope" should be about " Citizen Organizations," or what we laymen can do, about  pressuring  our Congressmen and Senators to start representing us, the people, so they can be not only"of the people,but by and  for the  people ." As Ma Ferguson ( a Kansas or Nebraskan, turn of the century, Poplulist),  said, " We need to raise less corn, but more hell !"  Thanks, again, for your many good emails !

Frank DeFina

(203) 507 - 2272