[Hac-announce] Holy day today

David E Schafer deschafer at comcast.net
Tue Nov 24 10:19:24 EST 2009

Remember that today is a holy day to Humanists, Unitarian Universalists, and all others who hold sacred our rapidly increasing knowledge of our own precious human nature, and especially its relation to the rest of the universe.  One hundred fifty years ago today, on November 24, 1859, Charles Darwin opened the gates of heaven with his publication of "On the Origin of Species by Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life," and suddenly a great light shone down upon us all.  Our understanding of ourselves has grown rapidly ever since, is growing today, and will continue to grow forever.  Humanity will never be the same again.

David Schafer