[Hac-announce] Great Washington Post OpEd by Kate Cohen

kvngough at aol.com kvngough at aol.com
Fri Oct 6 18:24:11 EDT 2023

Atheists know that people, not God, are responsible for making the world — and for solving its worst problems.
https://wapo.st/46d50Y8

You can hear an interview on FFRF's podcast: https://ffrf.org/news/radio/show-items/item/42821-freethought-radio-october-5-2023
I'm reminded of former pastor Jerry DeWitt's comment:“The greatest damage that religion has done to humanity is teaching us that it’s OK to be passive – that we can somehow clear our conscience and not truly be our brother’s keeper by simply bowing a knee. It’s taught us that there’s something larger than us, that this whole ball of wax is completely out of control and there’s nothing we can do about it except pray.”Jerry DeWitt, 2012 FFRF Convention