[Hac-announce] Book Discussion "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan

Carol Ritter critter80 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 27 07:50:51 EDT 2020

Saturday, October 17, 2020
2:30 PM to 4:30 PM EDT

Details

Our book for October is "How To Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression and Transcendence" by journalist Michael Pollan.

Note: This discussion is posted an online (Zoom) event. If the weather is good the event may be updated to an in-person discussion at Town Center Park in Hamden.

>From Amazon:
A brilliant and brave investigation into the medical and scientific revolution taking place around psychedelic drugs – and the spellbinding story of his own life-changing psychedelic experiences.
A unique and elegant blend of science, memoir, travel writing, history, and medicine, "How to Change Your Mind" is a triumph of participatory journalism. By turns dazzling and edifying, it is the gripping account of a journey to an exciting and unexpected new frontier in our understanding of the mind, the self, and our place in the world.

"Pollan’s deeply researched chronicle will enlighten those who think of psychedelics chiefly as a kind of punchline to a joke about the Woodstock generation and hearten the growing number who view them as a potential antidote to our often stubbornly narrow minds....engaging and informative." – The Boston Globe