[Hac-announce] Publicity for Tom Flynn Event

Dan Blinn danblinn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:45:36 EST 2012

In order to generate some publicity for Tom Flynn's upcoming talk on Robert
Green Ingersoll (this Monday, March 12 - note that it is one week earlier
than usual!), I have issued releases to the New Haven Register, the
Connecticut Post, and the Hartford Courant.  I would appreciate the
assistance of our members who have subscribe to other daily papers in
submitting releases.  You can use the language below.  And, please check
your paper to see if anything runs and let me know - Thanks!  Look forward
to seeing many of you on Monday

Dan Blinn

Release:

 Tom Flynn, the executive director of the Council for Secular Humanism and
editor of Free Inquiry magazine, will be speaking to local humanists on the
legacy of Robert Green Ingersoll.  Known as the "Great Agnostic," Ingersoll
was America’s most famed and controversial orator, yet few today recognize
his name. Ingersoll is not alone in being forgotten by history.
West-Central New York (centered on the Erie Canal between Utica and
Rochester) was a cauldron of social ferment, including freethought,
abolition, women’s rights and more.  Flynn will discuss Ingersoll's life
and accomplishments.

The event, sponsored by the Humanist Association Connecticut, is free and
open to the public and will take place on Monday, March 12 at 7:30 pm at
the Unitarian Society of New Haven, 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden, CT.

Please contact Daniel Blinn, HAC Publicity Director, at 860 324-3533 for
more information.